Well, it’s been one hell of a year for all of us, and before we ask 2020 to kindly leave, we have come up with a few ways to counter act the year that was.
UP YOUR PLUM 2020
We thought 2020 deserved a Sugarplum edition all of its own. It has happy notes of sugar, spice, juicy plum, baked apple & caramel slice. Sugarplum is just right for filter, espresso, milk, cold brew and cocktails…please invite us for the latter.
So you can say ‘brew you 2020’ no matter where you are, Sugarplum is also available in our Single O Parachutes. They are brewer-less, grinder-less and scale-less, yet somehow nothing less than you would expect.
And if you just can’t get enough of our Sugarplum, or think they’ll make a great gift for someone (hint), then take a look at our Sugarplum bundles. Literally bundles of joy.
LAND A 2020 WIN – UPDATE 11 JAN 2021 : COMP NOW CLOSED
As a massive thank you for being the most epic community on this wild-ride of a year, we’re giving away:
- • A hand-painted (love your work Brent Smith!) custom Linea Mini home espresso machine
- • A year’s worth of Single O coffee
- • La Marzocco’s Barista Pro accessories kit
To enter, all you need to do is buy any product online from our Sugarplum Brew You 2020! Collection. The drinks are literally on us.
No matter what the question is, it’s rare that coffee inspired cocktail isn’t the answer. We have partnered with three of Sydney’s top restaurants – Aria, North Bondi Fish and Firedoor to create unique cocktails inspired by the Christmas flavours of Sugarplum. For a limited time, they’ll be on the menu at each of these venues, as well as in our café. And if you can’t wait and want to try them at home, here how:
ARIA’S ‘SUGARPLUM AMERICANO’ | The trickiest one to make at home
The Single O Sugarplum Americano will appear on Aria’s new summer cocktail menu, from December – 28 February 2021.
- • 40ml Single O Sugarplum beans and tonka bean infused Campari
- (1 cup coffee beans, 4-5 tonka bean chopped, add 700ml Campari, let it infuse for at least 5 days or Sous Vide @ 35 degrees for 8-9hrs, then let it cool and infuse for another 2 days)
- • 20ml Antica formula vermouth
- • 20ml Sugarplum coffee syrup (cold press sugar plum mixed with muscovado sugar, 2:1 ratio, 2 parts coffee: 1 sugar) top up with soda water
Method: Serve with grated tonka bean and orange wedge for garnish
The Sugarplum popsicle will launch as part of the North Bondi Fish summer popsicle menu, available in venue throughout summer until 28 February 2021.
• 20ml 42 below Vodka
• 10 ml Coffee Liqueur
• 30 ml Single O Sugarplum Coffee
• 20ml oat milk
• 15 ml salted Caramel
Method: Blend all of the above ingredients together and place into 95ml popsicle moulds. Place carefully in the freezer and let them set for six hours or until completely frozen before enjoying.
Available on Fireshop, Firedoor’s online store for produce, specialty goods and pre-made meals,’ for a limited time.
• 60ml Sugarplum infused with Wattle seed powder
• 40ml Charles Oates Blanco
• 10ml MAC by Brookies
• 20ml Mr Black Cold Drip
• 10ml Smoked Syrup (simple syrup using smoked water)
Method: Shake all ingredients and serve in a Coupette.
BREW & PHEW
As many of you know, we created what we call our ‘Brew you’ wall in our Surry Hills Café. It’s a place where you can tell 2020 exactly what you think of it. If you can’t get down in person, just let us know what you think via #brewyou2020 and we’ll pass it on.
So here’s hoping that with all of the above 2020 gets the message hey.