In 2021 Single O turns 18! And we want to celebrate! However, given the average age of our staff is around 30, that ‘18 feeling’ is a ‘lil hard to truly remember. So, being the authentic brand that we are, we’d prefer to let someone who is living that 18 feeling to tell us what that is really like – through a piece of art. This is an exciting opportunity for an 18-year-old creative/artist to design/create the label for our next limited release 18th birthday coffee.
Your challenge, as part of our vibrant creative community, is to “turn Single O 18” by creating a cracking visual concept in your style conveying what it’s like to be ‘Freewheeling 18’ – that sense of freedom that comes with ‘coming of age’. We want to be transported back to being ‘18 and free’!!
Your field of play includes both the front and the back of the wrap around label. The creative concept can include illustration or any other type of creative visual genre, as well as creative copywriting (the label reverse could contain poem, a statement, a manifesto – it’s up to you!).
Label Design: $1,500, and a year’s worth of Single O coffee to fuel your creativity
(a bangin’ 12 month coffee subscription).
Plus your work will be displayed and promoted via Single O’s channels.
• 250g wrap around label (dieline will be supplied)
• 1KG wrap around label (dieline will be supplied)
• We encourage you to use both sides of the label
• You can choose to use 1 or 2 colours
• Supply outlined, vectorised file (Ai, EPS or TIFF)
• We will need an uncropped version of the full illustration to be used on other related collateral (O File, café poster, etc.)
THE PROCESS – LABEL DESIGN:
• Initial expressions of interest: Share examples of your work (link) and some thinking around what you might create (written or simple sketch) via email to email@example.com by (Deadline extended!) Friday 13th August.
• Once selected: Refine your concept/sketch and send over email by Monday 16th August.
• Finalise concept, inked & vectorised by Friday 20th August
• Send to Single O, we will sort out the production and print!
THE NUMBERS, THE AUDIENCE REACH:
The bags will circulate across premium cafes and restaurants in Australia and Japan. Approximately 2,000 bags will be circulated with your artwork across 400 venues and with selected media.
Submitting artists must be aged 18 and live in Australia at time of entry
Single O gets 12-month usage rights for the bags worldwide. (The artist can use the works for promotion during this period). After 12 months if we still need to reuse your design for a new campaign refresh, we will reach out and license 15% of original fee rate.
Single O retains the right to reproduce the artwork in the context of our any Single O events, marketing purposes, social media, printed channels & media usage.
Keen?! Let’s make some art!
Share examples of your work (link) and some thinking around what you might create (written or simple sketch) via email to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wed 11th August
VISUAL REFERENCES – GUIDE ONLY:
Wrap around labels:
Previous “Random Acts Of Art”
Please note that this brief is to design for the wrap around label, not directly on to the bag, but the link to our previous Random Acts of Art should serve for some inspiration.